Friday, April 4, 2014

Special Days



Every month on the same day as their birthday one of us (Geoff and I) take our kids out to spend quality one on one time with them. These times give us the opportunity to ask them questions and to find out what is going on in their lives. We mark these days on the calendar but really don't need to because our kids love them and won't let us forget about them.  Some of the things we have done include going out for ice cream, getting a bite to eat, going to a movie or sporting event, hitting golf balls at the driving range, having a picnic at the park, going fishing or shopping for new clothes.


This was my first special day with Kaden.  I took him out for breakfast at a waffle house.  After that he wanted to go shopping.  He found a singing barbie doll and knew Kaylee would love it.  I tried to convince him that it was his special day and that he should get something for himself. He begged me to let him spend ALL of his allowance money to buy this barbie for Kaylee.  I decided I didn't want to discourage service so I agreed to let him buy the barbie. He was so excited to go home and give it to her.  He made her close her eyes and then he handed her the bag. She was so EXCITED to get it and it made him so HAPPY.  This is probably my favorite memory ever. It was so sweet!!



                        

This was my first special day with Kaylee.  She wanted to go to the park and have a picnic.

I can't believe how fast they have grown!